- Our Courses
- Study Sectors
- About Us
- VET Benefits
- Work at CA
- Our Recruitment Process & Benefits
- Executive Management
- Referral Partners
- Why Us?
- Flexible Study Options
- Success Stories
- Employability Programs
- Career Development Program
- Industry Placement Program
- Forms and Policies
- Student Course Progress Policy
- Student Handbooks
- Student Support
- Our Courses
- Funding and Loans
- VET Student Loans
- VSL Fee Schedules & Census Dates
- VFH Fee Schedules & Census Dates
- VET Investment Programs
- Current Students
- Blackboard Login
- Student Handbooks
- Forms and Policies
- Media Enquiries
Last updated: 17 March 2017
Careers Australia Group Limited and its related entities (Careers Australia, we, our or us) are committed to the protection of personal information as defined under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and complying with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs).
We will comply with our legal obligations and take all reasonable steps to protect the privacy of the personal information we collect, manage and hold in order for us to provide our products and services.
THE PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE COLLECT, HOLD, USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect personal information from you for purposes including:
- to enable us to provide products and services to you;
- to carry out our functions as a registered training organisation;
- to carry out our functions as a registered higher education provider;
- to send you, or provide information to third parties to enable them to send you, information, offers and promotions about education related products and services that you have consented to receive;
- to administer our database of personal information in order to develop new products and services;
- to improve the quality and quantity of information on our websites; and
- for statistical and marketing analysis and analytics.
KINDS OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOLD
Personal information we collect and hold may include, but is not limited to:
- name, gender and date of birth;
- personal and emergency contact details (including address, email address, phone numbers);
- tax file number;
- Unique Student Identifier (USI) number; education and training history;
- reasons for study;
- passport number;
- employment status; and
- work history.
Sensitive personal information that you may consent to provide, or which we are authorised to collect by law could include:
- racial or ethnic origin;
- language and literacy needs;
- membership of a professional or trade association;
- criminal record;
- health information; and
- visa and immigration information and status.
Where we are required to collect sensitive information, we will only do so with your consent and we will only use it for the purposes for which you provided it.
HOW THE INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
Personal information is generally collected through our student enrolment or employee recruitment processes.
Where possible your personal information will be collected directly from you via:
- online enrolment or recruitment portals;
- contact by call centre agents; and
- application forms completed at our campus or offices.
Your personal information may also be provided to us by third parties such as service providers, advertisers and publishers. Where we collect information from third parties, we will comply with the relevant laws, including the APPs.
HOW THE INFORMATION IS HELD
Your information can be stored electronically or in hard copy in storage facilities that are managed either by ourselves or our third party service providers.
Some data may be stored with third party service providers and contractors in secure electronic data storage facilities overseas.
We may disclose personal information to our wholly owned and controlled overseas subsidiaries located in the Philippines and elsewhere for the purpose of providing you education related products and services.
Where information held by us is no longer required to be held, we will de-identify or destroy such personal information.
HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION
By providing personal information to any member of the Careers Australia group of entities, you agree to all other Careers Australia group members (and any purchaser of one of those members) accessing and using that personal information in order for us to provide our products and services.
We may also disclose personal information to third parties, if appropriate, who provide services on our behalf or where required or authorised by relevant laws and policies to Australian federal and state government agencies and authorities including funding schemes and training programs that we participate.
Our third parties are required to protect your personal information in the same way that we must. We have confidentiality agreements in place with many of our service providers, external agencies, and with staff who handle personal information that we provide to them.
Your personal information will not be otherwise disclosed without your consent unless required or authorised by law or the APPs.
HOW YOU CAN ACCESS AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will make personal information that we hold about you available to you for inspection upon your request. Depending on the circumstances, we may charge you a reasonable fee for access to the personal information that we hold about you. You may contact the Privacy Officer for information on how to access your personal information.
If you consider personal information we hold about you to be incorrect, incomplete, out of date or misleading, you can request that the information be amended by contacting the Privacy Officer. Where a record is found to be inaccurate, a correction will be made. Where you request that a record be amended but the record is accurate, the details of the request for amendment will be noted on the record. There is no fee associated with the correction of personal information held by us.
HOW YOU CAN MAKE A COMPLAINT
If you have any concerns about our treatment of your personal information, please contact:
PO Box 1433, Fortitude Valley QLD 4006
1300 795 304